Tuesday, April 1, 2014

September in the Rain (With Memories) - NaPoWriMo, Day 1



So NaPoWriMo had begun and I begin the month with a headache, hindering the creative process.I did not want the day to pass without writing a poem so I decided to write a Triolet inspired by a Gypsy Jazz instrumental version of "September in the Rain." Enjoy. :-)


September in the Rain (with Memories)
 

September in the rain with memories
You walk with me and take my hand
We walk along the Field de Crissy
September in the rain with memories
You hold me close as the rain falls gently
A stolen moment for us, a time once grand
September in the rain with memories

You walk with me and take my hand 
 

- LWV 4/1/2014

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lita,

    ‘September in the Rain’ is such a sentimental song – “The leaves of brown came tumbling down…” And your triolet gives me that same happy/sad feeling – lovely :-). I hope you’re feeling better now. Good luck with NaPoWriMo and take care,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! I'm doing a little better.

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    enjoyed reading your triolet. and all the best with NaPoWriMo. :)

    i write too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dsnake1 for your kind comment! I will visit your blog soon. :)

      Delete