Monday, April 7, 2014

Crystal Hearts - NaPoWriMo, Day Seven

For day seven of NaPoWriMo, the challenge was to write a love poem about an inanimate object which was tough. I decided to write about these crystal heart ornaments that I had seen when I first moved to the desert of Twenty-Nine Palms, California. I loved how those ornaments made little rainbow prisms upon the through the sunlight. As a child I loved rainbows, because to me they were a sign of hope, right after the storm. I wanted to incorporate that into the poem. Here's my attempt.

Crystal Hearts


Hanging little crystal hearts which once bought me smiles
Through sunbeams creating pastel rainbows on my walls
Prism colors on my wall that comforts me for a good while
Hanging little crystal hearts which once brought me smiles
Once hanging from my window in a bohemian kind of style
Many of times had I appreciated the beauty of it all
Hanging little crystal hearts which once bought me smiles
Through sunbeams creating pastel rainbows on my walls


LVW 4/7/14

1 comment:

  1. Leslye, you have the knack of making us see and feel. I can see those crystal love-hearts twirling in your window, casting kaleidoscopic patterns upon your wall. Can feel the sense of wonder and security they brought you as a child. It’s great the way you’re embracing NaPoWriMo. Dig deep and keep going!

    Fond regards,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete