Sunday, September 21, 2014

Autumn by the Lakeside

Since today is the first day of Autumn, I thought that I would post one of my old Autumn poems: Autumn by the Lakeside. This was written last year for October Poetry Writing Month, and I thought that I'd share with you. Happy Autumn! 

Autumn by the Lakeside

I take an amble to the lakeside for an evening
where its calm awaits me
I sit and welcome the Autumn with awe
now that Summer days are over and
long gone

Trees once with
leaves of green
are now of brilliant orange, yellow and red
I watch as one leaf
falls slowly, gently
landing on the ripples of the lake
I watch as it floats calmly along
on the water's gentle flow
I hear no sounds now
I just feel a perfect stillness
speaking serenity to me


© 2013 Lita Verella



No comments:

Post a Comment