Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Underneath the Mask

Written in 2004. This is about trying to overcome my shyness.

Underneath the Mask

Somewhere deep inside of me
There's a place that wants to let go
And break down all of these walls
And allow people to see the surface below

Yet there is a part of me
That wants to hold back so badly
For I wonder if I open up
Will they use what they know against me?

There's a lot of fear inside of me
Don't know who's being phony or genuine
But I know that I take chances
With every person that I let in

The mask has kept me safe
For many, many years
To cover up my true feelings
My vulnerability, my fears

I want to learn to trust again
In given time I'll let everybody see
Exposing what's underneath the mask
Showing everybody all of me


© 2007 L. Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment